Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ghost Pictures


I don't usually pay much attention to ghost stories and haunted stuff. Emily and I went to Savannah this past year and Charleston the year before, and ghost tours are a big business down there. These pictures are pretty interesting though, if nothing more than a novelty. Link

So do I believe that dead people are haunting us? I don't find anything about it in the Bible. The closest thing I know of is Saul visiting the witch at Endor in 1 Sam 28, but there it is debatable whether that was really Samuel or just a demon/vision that looked like Samuel. Since spirits that trust in Christ go to heaven when they die, and spirits that reject Jesus are condemned to hell when they die, it seems that that would leave demons to explain any true ghost sightings. (So can you take a picture of a Demon/Angel?) Sure, demons could take on the appearance of a dead person, especially if it would confuse people and lead them away from God.

My question, why are all of the ghosts so sad looking? If I were a ghost I would at least want to be smiling. And I would hang out at the Krispy Kreme factory, not some dark basement!

No comments: