Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Why Ben is a Monkey

Some of you may wonder why we call Ben a monkey. Here are two perfect examples to explain it.

1) Saturday morning I woke up to the noises of Ben and Caleb playing in Caleb's room. Ben had gotten up before he was supposed to (his least favorite rule) and looked around the house for something to do. He went downstairs and found the bag of Cheetoes I had left on the coffee table. When I found him upstairs in Caleb's room, he was just inhaling the bag and had cheese powder all over his mouth and shirt.

2) This morning Ben got up early again, and I heard him playing in his bathroom. It was almost time for me to get up, so I just let him be for a few more minutes. Caleb woke up a few minutes later and they went downstairs and Caleb turned on a show for them to watch. I went ahead and got in the shower. After finishing my shower, Ben came up to check on me and was toting Caleb's toothpaste around. He had blue toothpaste all over his lips and shirt (again!) and had eaten about 1/4 of the tube. We immediately called poison control and they said to give him milk (apparently calcium binds with fluoride) and he should be fine for such a small amount. [For those who are still concerned, Ben is fine]

The moral of the story, don't take your eyes off of a monkey for a minute, cause they will find something to get into.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: