Thursday, November 1, 2007

Reformed Seminary - Free Lectures

This is very cool (in my religious geeky mind). Reformed Theological Seminary is offering some of its class lectures online for free. You download them through itunes and can listen to them at work or whenever. They have OT, NT, Theology, and a few others. I'm going to check out the Church History lectures and I'll let you know what I think. [I loved my church history classes and learning how timeless many of the debates in Christianity are, and how much you can learn from them.] I really like that they are offering what I anticipate are high quality teaching materials to anyone who is interested for free (and not just making it available to the future-pastors who attend a seminary). People in the pew used to know this stuff. If the church wants to make a difference in the world it needs to return to an informed body of believers who can truly articulate and defend the faith. Let me know if you listen to any of these and what you think.

No comments: